Annual Congress 2020
Call for Abstracts
Submission Deadline: 1 September 2020
The Scientific Committee welcomes all abstracts dealing with the following topics:
- Osteoarthritis, joint and tendon
- What is EBM, what is evidence-based practice? / COVID-19
- EMG & guidelines
Authors will be notified of the acceptance of their abstract by email in October.
Instructions for Authors
- Abstracts must be written in English not exceeding 300 words (including title, authors, affiliations), and must be submitted as a Word file (xxx.doc) via the online submission form.
- Use font Arial 10 characters per inch (font size 10).
- Use single spacing and type the text unjustified without hyphenating words at line breaks. Use hard returns only to end headings and paragraphs, not to rearrange lines.
- Type title in sentence case in bold with no full stop at the end
- Type family name first followed by the initials of the first name of the authors (Rubens P.P., Van Eyck J. etc.) underneath the title.
- Type affiliation underneath the authors: Institution, Department, City, Country (do not mention street addresses, PO boxes or zip codes). When there are multiple affiliations number them as follows and use the semi-colon between the multiple affiliations: 1Dept. A, Hospital A, City, Country; 2Dept. B, Hospital B, City, Country etc.
- Ideally, your abstract is structured as follows: Introduction, Purpose/Aim, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions.
- In structured abstracts, paragraph headings should by typed in bold followed by a colon. Do not use the heading ‘Abstract’. Each heading should be in a separate paragraph.
- Put a blank line in between the paragraphs.
- Max 2 figures or graphs are allowed. These will not count towards the word limit. Figures/graphs must be embedded in the Word file, underneath the abstract, and must be cited in the abstract.
- The use of References is discouraged and must be limited to max 3. When you list references, use superscript numbers in both the text and the reference list.
Download the abstract template here.
You can submit several abstracts at the same time.
Click on the submission link to start your submission(s).
Fill out your personal data and go through the submission procedure.
Your abstract(s) is/are only uploaded successfully when you receive an automatic reply confirming your submission(s).
IMPORTANT: The uploaded Word file(s) must contain title, authors & affiliations and the actual abstract.
Please read the author instructions carefully before submitting your abstract(s).
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT(S) HERE
International Convention Center Ghent (ICC)
Van Rysselberghedreef 2 (Citadelpark)
For sponsorship information please contact:
Mrs. Els Vertriest
Direct Line: +32 (0)9 218 85 81